SOCIAL SECURITY COVERAGE EXPANSION FOR DOMESTIC WORKERS
Domestic workers will be covered under Employees' Social Security Act (Act 4) and Employment Insurance System (Act 800) that will be enforced starting 1 June 2021.
Domestic Worker Definition
A domestic worker is a person employed exclusively in the work or in connection with work of a private dwelling house and not of any trade, business or profession carried on by the employer in such dwelling house.
Example of Domestic Workers
Personal Security Guard
Registration for employers and employees can be made starting 16 June 2021.
Step 1 (Download)
Step 2 (Complete Forms)
Complete forms listed in Step 1.
Scan the filled forms separately.
Prepare a copy of the following documents:
- Employer's identity card or passport.
- Domestic worker's identity card or passport.
Step 3 (Get ID)
Domestic Worker Eligibility
- Malaysian Citizens / Permanent Residents / Temporary Residents.
- Foreigners with legitimate travel documents.
- Malaysian Citizens
- Foreigners who hire Malaysian Citizens / Permanent Residents / Temporary Residents as domestic workers.
|Act / Domestic Worker||Act 4||Act 800|
|Employment Injury Scheme||Invalidity Scheme||Emplyment Insurance System|
|Foreign Worker||Eligible||Not Eligible||Not Eligible|
- Hits: 3497