F. Education Loan Disbursement
- Education loan are disbursed by:
- For tuition fees: Cheques drawn for or credited directly into the institute of higher educations’s account;
- For sustenance allowance: credited directly into the student’s Maybank account; and
- For insurance payments: paid directly to the insurance company.
- Disbursements will be made on a staggered basis for each semester. For the initial disbursement, completed documents must be furnished by the students to PERKESO. For subsequent disbursements, students must submit latest examination results for the semester.
- Disbursements are made on a staggered basis to ensure that the students continue to perform well academically. By submitting the examination results, SOCSO will be able to monitor the student performance.
- Should the student fail to achieve a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.00, the education loan disbursement for the upcoming semester will be suspended temporarily until the student has attended a counselling session conducted by SOCSO counsellors.