Types of Benefits
The Employment Insurance System Office offers two kinds of benefits, namely monetary benefits and job search assistance.
The 5 types of monetary benefits are:
1. Job Search Allowance (JSA)
- A financial allowance for those who have lost their one and only job
- Successful applications will be paid a monthly allowance for a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 6 months at the rates in Table 1. Payment rates will be based on the Assumed Monthly Wages in Table 2.
- The duration of the allowance will be calculated based on the applicant’s Contributions Qualifying Conditions (CQC). CQC requirements can be found in Table 3.
- After receiving the first installment of their allowance, applications are required to prove that they are actively seeking jobs to receive subsequent installments.
2. Reduced Income Allowance (RIA)
- A financial allowance for those who have multiple jobs and have lost at least one, but not all, of their jobs
- Payment rates and the duration of payment are the same as that of JSA
- Paid in a lump sum
3. Training Fee (TF)
- Vocational training for successful applicants
- Training fees will be paid directly to training service providers
- Successful applicants may receive up to 6 months of training at a maximum cost of RM4000
4. Training Allowance (TA)
- A financial incentive paid to training recipients to encourage them to attend all their training sessions
- Paid monthly (up to 6 months) at a rate of RM10 (minimum) - RM20 (maximum) per training day based on the applicant’s Monthly Assumed Wages
- Training recipients must prove that they have attended all training sessions to receive TA
5. Early Re-Employment Allowance (ERA)
- A financial incentive paid to JSA recipients who manage to return to work when they are still receiving their allowance
- It is worth 25% of the money that the recipient is entitled to but has not yet received
- Successful applicants will be paid in a lump sum
The Employment Insurance System Office also provides 2 kinds of job search assistance, namely:
1. Re-Employment Placement Program
- Insured Persons who are registered with the Re-Employment Placement Program will receive one-on-one support from a SOCSO Employment Services Officer.
2. Career Counseling
- A counseling service by SOCSO Employment Services Officers that aims to identify problems, such as a skills gap, that Insured Persons may face when deciding on a future career.