• Protection for employees who meet with an accident or suffers from an occupational disease. These employees are entitled to free treatment at SOCSO panel clinics or government clinics/hospital.
• The employee receiving treatment from a SOCSO panel clinic must continue the treatment there until he recovers.
• Transferring of treatment place to a government hospital can only be made if referred by the panel clinic.
• For serious injuries, treatment should be obtained at a government hospital and the employee is eligible for second class ward treatment. Specialist treatment will be provided, if required.
How to claim
To apply and receive the medical benefits for the first time, the following documents must be completed and submitted to a SOCSO panel clinic:-
• Form 21 (Accident Report)
• Form PKS 68 or PKS 69 (Occupational Disease Report) or
• Identification Letter from employer
For treatments received from a clinic which is not a SOCSO panel, the employer or employee can submit application for Reimbursement Payment to the relevant SOCSO office for approval subject to rates determined by SOCSO.
How to claim Reimbursement Payments
To apply and receive the Reimbursement Payment, the following documents must be completed and submitted to a SOCSO office:-
• Form PKS (P) 24 (Reimbursement Travel Claim Form)
• Form PKS (P) 26 (Reimbursement Payment (General) Claim Report)
• Original receipt
• A copy of the Appointment Card
• A copy of the Medical Report (if any)